"It is not the strongest of the species that survives,
nor the most intelligent.
It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."
I am not a strong opponent of anything Charles Darwin offers or even suggests, but this concept - "being adaptable to change" makes sense when it comes to how we serve others.
Healthcare is in trouble, but it isn't the system that needs to change as much as the approach of those who design the policies. Gone are the days when statements like: "Well, if it is not broke, don't fix it," or "This is how we always did it." Such ideas will not allow any group, facility, or management to move forward towards the acceptance of new ideas. We need to try a different approach if we are to survive what is just over the horizon.
Tony Robbins (author, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and life coach) is known for his infomercials, seminars, and self-help books. He made a statement that seems to fit today's conditions: "Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach." Bruce Lee (Martial Artist and Movie Star) states: "Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own." It is all about adaptability and striving to move forward to the next level.
The sooner we figure out that something is not working, the sooner we can look for new answers, but the right attitude must be first developed.
- Strive to offer what is best for everyone when concerning change
- Absorb all information and weigh it based on logic and adaptability as to not cause additional disruption
- Keep an open mind; there may be a better alternative.
- Always aim past the target; setting goals remain critical, but must never be the limiting factor - live with passion - raise your standards and remain flexible
- Focus on the real problem when working on solutions.
- Gather together qualified staff for input
- Know the bottom-line and learn how to get faster results
- Make things happen to solve problems more effectively
- Be resourceful and learn from your past mistakes - test all conclusions against current policies and future possibilities
- Adapt with the flow and always strive for change
Change is required - are you ready and will you accept it?
RETURN TO REMTECH ASSOCIATES LLC